Discover The Camargue

The Vigueirat Marshes belong to the Academie du Littoral and stretch over 1200 hectares of wild and protected nature. They constitute a major site in Europe for the protection of water birds. 292 species of birds, more than 60% of the French bird species, have been sighted on this estate. The site is of international and European importance for 13 species, with 35,000 ducks in winter (1/4 of the Camargue's wintering ducks). A total of 92 species reproduce onsite, including the nine European species of heron, the red-crested pochard (10% of the population in France), one of the only natural populations of the greylag goose, and an important colony of European Bee-eaters.

The Vigueirat Marshes are also known for their great floral diversity: 862 indexed species, including 5 nationally protected species, 19 regionally protected species, 105 rare and endangered species in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur region.

Open from 1 February to 15 December, the site offers unguided or guided visits on foot, in horse-drawn carts, twilight tours and a variety of activities in July and August.

Guided tour in english

July- August

duration 2 hours

At the heart of the marshes, a circuit equipped with hides and observation tower : a visit to discover the diversity of bird species, and the great outdoors of Camargue.

July- August : every tuesday, departure at 9am (duration 2 hours)
€12 adults – ½ price for children from 6 to 17 – free for children under 6

Reservations at 04 90 98 70 91

The horse rides

A discovery of landscapes and nature in the Camargue.

News of Marais

These visits take you in different parts of the site to the discovery of livestock and wildlife in the Camargue.
Visit of 1hour : every day at 3 pm – 20€ per adult, 15€ up to 12 years old
Visit of 1h30 : every day at 11 am and 4.30 pm – 30€ per adult, 20€ up to 12 years old

The guided horse-drawn carriage tour

In French

News of Marais

A visit to the high ground of the site where a herd of horses and bulls of the Camargue race graze. The return of the birds that have spent the winter in Africa or in Spain allows beautiful observations.
Tuesday to Friday at 10 am and 3 pm – duration 2 hours
16€ per adult (half price from 6 to 12 year old)

Le marais du Vigueirat

Closure in November 21st, 2017 > in February 1st, 2018.

A 30-minutes’ drive from Arles in the heart of the Camargue Regional Nature Park. The Marais du Vigueirat is a nature site open to the public on which we endeavour to promote the virtues of sustainable tourism by attempting to reconcile the protection of the environment and the welcoming of visitors. The managers, "Les Amis des Marais du Vigueirat", offer the public the opportunity to visit a famous nature reserve located in the Camargue. This 1200 ha (3000acres) preserved land is divided in two different zones, one of each having its own purpose: one covers 90% of the site and is highly protected –giving the opportunity to flora and fauna to develop, while the other 10% is open to the public and offers different activities, among which: 
- The “Etourneau” trails: the “Cabins trail” and the “Palunette trail” Free access and open all year from sunrise to sunset, these trails allow not only kids but grown-ups and nature specialists to discover the biodiversity riches that can be encountered during the stroll.

Find out more :


Les Marais du Vigueirat
13104 - Mas Thibert
Tél. :

Travel brochure >>

Our commitment Our quality policy Imprint Photos credits

En poursuivant la navigation sur ce site, vous acceptez l’utilisation de cookies utiles à la réalisation des statistiques de visites.

Plus d'informations